Twitter is becoming one of the hottest marketing tools used around the world. It became the hottest online party where everyone has an opportunity to voice their opinion, share news, make people laugh and even put together political campaign. Facebook and Twitter are responsible for president campaign, and its success made Twitter even more popular.
Personally for me, Twitter is a crazy and wild online party. Nobody is left behind. Everyone is involved and has an oppotunity to meet celebrities, politicians, business owners and a little man can compete with a big corporation.
Why is Twitter so successful? It allows everyone to interact, ask questions and repost favorite quotes or statements. It is a social virtual gathering spot where you can make new friends and connections. It allows anyone to learn from the best of the best in their field, and it gives an opportunity to prove themselves. It is an amazing tool for your personal list building.
Interesting fact that Twitter volume of subscribers tripled in just few months, and it is growing like a sourdour bread on a very fast yeast.
Now, lets talk about how we can generate the best leads for our business using the power of this little monster, Twitter. The key is to create as many as followers and follow people back because the volume of followers gives you leverage, more traffic and it is a social proof.
How much does it cost to market on Twitter? ZERO. NOTHING. It is absolutely free targeted advertising method. Twitter is about influence on people lives, careers, their daily life event. What we share and say, it can affect the outcome of their day. IF you say something funny, you might have put a smile on someone ‘ s face. If you give a good business tip it might give them idea of what to do. I promote my business blog Immigrant Success Coaching Blog to share with people what I do and how I can help them. My blog is about high income careers and assisting russian immigrants to obtain the freedom they have been hoping for when they came to America.
Twitter is VIRAL. People who love you and care about what you say will repost your comments and share with others. That is why it is so important to build relationships. You must treat twitter as a big birthday party and everyone is having fun and enjoying time and sharing what they do naturally without sales pitches.
Make sure your profile is fun to read. It is not a job application, so make it funny, easy to read and smile. Smile is the best advertising tool that cost nothing. I often see people without faces who post on twitter. Common, imagine if you came in a mask to a birthday party hiding your face. What would people say? I would be scared to come up to a person in a mask without knowing who they are. Would you? Then stop using silly avatars and start being YOU.
How do you find friends on Twitter?
1. Follow people who follow the influential people you know.
2. Reply to people right way if they said something to you and they are not your friend yet. Follow them back. Establish rapport within minutes. Give something valueable to them to read and think about.
3. Make comment before even clicking follow button. Get to know people first.
4. Use search feature to find people in your niche.
5. Usually afternoon or late evenings after 7 pm are best time to get on twitter and weekends are always the best days to chat and share.
6. Share with people funny stories, news and not much of what your business is about. They will see it in your profile. Interact first then approach if you want to.
7. Do not forget to praise people, compliment them. How do you feel when someone says to you that you look fabulous in that red dress? I am sure you would feel amazing. We love compliments and naturally we give them back to others. Pay it forward.
8. Questions, Questions and more questions. Ask and you will receive. People love questions. They are hungry for them. Ask and you w ill start conversation… Create dialogs first and make sure when they answer to you reply back to them. Courtesy is the best policy on twitter.
9. Invite friends from other social network. For example, I invite friends from Facebook to follow me on twitter. They love it and it is fun. Very simple.
10. Don’t forget to retweet or repost what others say if you like it and it makes sense to you. At least try to find out what people do first before you retweet. Read their profile. it is a must if you want long term relationships.
That is all for now. More to come later. We will talk about technical tools to use to make twitter marketing more effective. For now, enjoy your day. Create twitter account. Connect with me on Twitter. Love to hear from you. Here is my twitter link : http://www.twitter.com/russiandiva
Best to you
(c) Copyright 2009 Tatyana Gann. All Rights Reserved.
Tatyana Gann is an immigrant success diva, an online marketing mentor, a mom of two great boys and an amazing hostess. To Learn More About Tatyana Gann, visit her site: http://www.immigrantsuccessdiva.com