Did you know that there is a simple way to remove a writer’s block and have natural flow of thoughts?
No I am not talking about hypnosis or listening to some mind changing meditation Voodoo tapes. Have you ever sat down to write and felt your mind was empty? You had no ideas and not even a hint of topics you want to write about…You take a note pad, a nice looking pen and get comfy ….Blank…Blank..
Nothing happens. You get coffee, some cream and even get some chocolate hidden in the cupboard. You get excited thinking “This is IT. I will be great” … But nothing happens. You begin to worry how you are going to come up with the ideas for your next article, press release and blog post.
You feel tension is building up and you feel overwhelmed. You write couple ideas and then start writing. Your phone rings, your kids are at home asking twenty questions in less than 5 minutes. Life goes on.. but you have projects in your mind that need to be completed. You are looking out of the window, watching clouds and getting nowhere..
Much of what you are going through with a writer’s block is totally normal. Even the best writers get them. It is NOT something you have to worry. What I have discovered that people need to follow few steps that are so simple to practice and all you need is YOURSELF to do it on a daily basis. Yes I said on a daily basis.
Here is the simple formula that will help to remove the writer’s block and open your mind to seeing things differently with a fresh perspective.
1. Make sure to REST: The most important factor that determines your creative flow is REST. You must have rest in order to function and that includes your writing, especially if you do it for living. You must rest during the day. Some may not agree but taking few short breaks and even nap if you work at home can help you to feel refreshed and recharge. It can remove the block when you let go.
2. Tell funny stories : Funny stories related to the topics might be ice breaker with your customers. Make sure they are REALLY funny and not just for you.
3. Research what your customers talk about your products and services or even remember interesting stories they shared previously. It does not have to be totally new.
4. Make a video: Video is an excellent way to speak what you want to say because later you transcribe it. You can even use older videos because by listening it might give you ideas what to say and how to say it.
5. Make Audio and then transcribe as well.
6. Use photos for publicity. Often making a photo blog post can be quite effective because it shows your life or lifestyle of your clients/customers
7. Famous authors: Read books of famous people in the same niche as you are. Contact authors and ask them for permission and then tell them you wanted to interview them too. Then, write a book review and the review of the interview. You can blog about it or send out as an event press release.
8. Book reviews: Write reviews about the books on Amazon and then post review on your blog or talk in your press release. Amazon gets a lot of traffic and your reviews can be quite helpful. You will be attaching yourself as expert to the community of Bloggers or a business owners who also blog about their products. It is a huge plus!
9. Gozillion of topics: Do not focus on writing zillion of topics. Take the hot related topics from Google.com/trends and talk about on your blog or even video.
10. Total relaxation: Sometimes all you need to take 2 days off and enjoy time with your family or your friends and let it come back to your naturally.
When you are ready to write, it will come together. When your mind is ready, it is ready to let the ideas out one idea at time. I usually feel them coming as natural flow and I write them down, record them. I have paragraphs come to my mind easily when I am relaxed, but focused. I do not feel tension. I feel smile inside and it becomes easy!
Ready to smile and enjoy the writing journey?
Tatyana Gann & Smokin’ Hot PR http://www.smokinhotpr.com/ Ready to get access to the simple formula for creating a proven marketing and online PR campaign? It’s time to get back to the basics and enjoy simple PR and marketing methods that work around the clock. Learn how you can tap into the markets you never thought possible and how to establish your online credibility very fast. Tatyana and SmokinHotPR consulting is an online PR service on steroids – it gives you a quick and simple formula to do your own PR and eliminate marketing headaches.