Let”s talk, shall we?
Tatyana is here.
I hope are ready for a busy exciting week! I am enjoying my afternoon coffee as I am typing you this training post. I want to share the simple ways you can use to boost your image and create influence in social media. I hear people saying to me ” I do not even have a facebook page or twitter account and why do I do that because I do not know how to use it!” It is a common fear but when you approach with patience and self love you will do more for yourself. Do not beat yourself up for what you do not know YET!
Twitter is still one of the hottest PR and marketing tools used around the world. It became the hottest online party where everyone has an opportunity to voice their opinion, share news, make people laugh and even put together political campaign. Twitter is a publicity powerhouse.
Twitter track tools allow to monitor discussions, daily activities and help business owners to make their PR campaigns more effective. Widgets for twitter, Facebook are making it more simple for a newbie to share message in the ocean of social media big fish!
Even though Twitter can be complicated sometimes, you have to look at Twitter as a crazy and wild online party or you business networking platform where you can ask questions, connect, and share your wisdom. You share your stories in front of big audience.
Nobody is left behind. Everyone is involved and has an opportunity to meet celebrities, politicians, business owners and a little man can compete with bigger companies. You can say how..What is one thing you must do to stand out?
I say it is your IMAGE!
How do you want to be seen? How do you want people to perceive you and communicate to you? What do you have to offer to them that is fun, educational and entertaining?
Create a positive image. Always stay positive. Do not vent! It is not a boxing match. It is your place to speak the truth but it does not mean you must be ugly and prove something that is RIGHT to someone who is not open to receive it!
As Public Relations strategist I see many business owners make one mistake…They bring drama, personal poop onto FACEBOOK and Twitter. Big MISTAKE! They think they are not celebrities or well known YET but they do not realize it is their publicity and perception is everything today! Make sure you are known as a business owner with a positive spirit rather than a negative energy and bad publicity will not be an issue. That negative publicity can be archived and found later. You do not want all negative PR to come out when you are doing great…Just build awareness about your brand and yourself in a positive light!
If you get involved in a negative drama learn to communicate and be diplomatic. But do your best to keep people motivated and inspired with real stories. Positive publicity is so needed because people are seeking hope. Be hope giver with real results!
How can you make your Facebook and Twitter presence successful?
1. Twitter and Facebook allows you to interact, ask questions and re-post favorite quotes or statements. It is a social virtual gathering spot where you can make new friends and connections. If you come with attitude of giving and not taking it can be a quite place!
2. Social media allows you to learn from the best of the best in their field, and it gives an opportunity to prove to yourself you can do it and feel accomplished.
3. It is an amazing tool for your personal list building and finding new clients .
List Building starts with your image and how you present yourself. Remember people have issues with trust and putting a name in this little cute box that says “email address”:
Now, let’s talk about how we can add more followers on Twitter for our business:
1. Quality followers: The key is to create as many as quality followers and follow people back because the volume of followers gives you leverage, more traffic and it is a social proof.
2. Cost to market: How much does it cost to market on Twitter? ZERO. NOTHING. It is absolutely free targeted advertising method. Twitter is about creating influence on people lives, careers and serving valuable content. But in reality the biggest cost is your time!
3. Give fun and educational tips: What we share and say, it can affect the outcome of their day. If you say something funny, you might have put a smile on someone’s face. If you give a good business tip it might give them idea of what to do. I promote my SmokinHotPR newsletter to share with people what I do and how I can help them. My blog is about educating my clients and students on creating online publicity. It is about helping THEM!
4. Twitter is VIRAL. People who love you and care about what you say will repost your comments and share with others. That is why it is so important to build relationships. You must treat twitter as a big birthday party and everyone is having fun and enjoying time and sharing what they do naturally without sales pitches.
5. Your profile description: Make sure your profile is fun to read. It is not a job application, so make it funny, easy to read and smile. Smile is the best advertising tool that cost nothing. I often see people without faces who post on twitter. Common, imagine if you came in a mask to a birthday party hiding your face. What would people say? I would be scared to come up to a person in a mask without knowing who they are. Would you? Then stop using silly avatars and start being YOU.
6. Build network: Follow people who follow the influential people you know and do not be afraid to ask questions. They have started their business exactly as you did. Some of the most successful people had a lot of help and be humble enough to accept it.
7. Being FAST: Reply to people right way if they said something to you and they are not your friend yet. Follow them back. Establish rapport within minutes. Give something valuable to them to read and think about. Do not be afraid to give your best in order to receive the best! Edify people genuinely and wish everyone success! My social media mantra: I wish everyone prosperity, more clients to be empowered by my words and actions and be guided to my practice.
8. Show courtesy: Make comment before even clicking follow button on Twitter especially. Get to know people first.
9. Use tools: Use search feature to find people, topics you want to discuss in your niche and also bring offline clients online and follow you online or motivate them to start a Twitter profile.
My favorite twitter resources:
http://www.Truetwit.com– check validation of services
10. Time: Usually afternoon or late evenings after 7 pm are best time to get on twitter and weekends are always the best days to chat and share. Do not create new life on Twitter be you and set time for twitter life. As much as you care about your social media family take care of your business. You can make few things automated as your posts and tips…but still engage!
11. Humor sells. Share with people funny stories, news and not much of what your business is about. They will see it in your profile. Interact first then approach if you want to.
12. Spread love: Do not forget to praise people, compliment them. How do you feel when someone says to you that you look fabulous in that red dress? I am sure you would feel amazing. We love compliments and naturally we give them back to others. Pay it forward.
13. Questions, Questions and more questions. Ask and you will receive. People love questions. They are hungry for them. Ask and you w ill start conversation… Create dialogs first and make sure when they answer to you reply back to them. Courtesy is the best policy on twitter.
14. Be the best host: Invite friends from other social network. For example, I invite friends from Facebook to follow me on twitter and vice versa. They love it and it is fun. Keep it simple and light!
15. Register with local directories and share via Facebook and Twitter! Such directories will put you on Google maps and get better SEO and it is wonderful strategy. I use Thumbtack directory to place my company listing and example, Public Relations Consulting Nashville
16. Blogs: Make sure you send all traffic to your blog, your free educational training that can lead them to your report page to build list. As my mentor David said, “Lose control of your marketing” Give away for free without asking to opting to build solid relationships, book your speaking engagements, JV offers and more. If you give more you have a chance of building long lasting relationships. It is about their network. Become a guest blogger. You can google today what bloggers accept brand new guest bloggers.
17. Pinterest/Press releases tactic: Use Pinterest. Embed images in your press releases and then pin that image. Let’s say, you have a new product. Take a picture. Write a press release and embed that image then pin it.
18. Branding tool: If you have ebooks, reports, webinars you can make them go viral using a cool branding platform called LoyaltePays.com
615 354 7625