Tatyana is here.
Are you still thinking about your next big media story…?
I was talking to a friend of mine who has been in advertising and PR field for decades about writing a good media story and what it really took to put a good story together to impress readers and compel them to buy your products and share it in social media …It is all about results. It takes research, creativity and being a good writer to bring your message to masses and to media.
However we can get a writer’s block and feel lost. I know I have been there…stuck, confused…and looked at the ceiling and said to myself…Hmm….what should I write about?
My simple advice to you is to think about your goals. What do you expect as your outcome? If your goal to submit your story to a media publication make sure contact editor and ask for guidelines. Do not be blind and make assumptions. Be prepared! Show them they matter by bringing the exact answers they are looking for.
1. Always focus on how your readers can benefit from your story (it is not your product that matters to them but how it can make a difference in their life)
2. Think how you can inform them and entertain them. Entertaining your reader with a good story, with some humor can do a lot of good!
3. Help your new readers to accomplish their goals, even small ones. Being famous is your second goal, not first. Help them to get success in life or business, you will bring it back into your life. It is a law!
4. Share 3 to 4 lessons you have learned from your product development.
5. Few ways you paid attention to your customers and what determined to better meet their needs
6. If you got a new client, share your strategy and what you did to compete with heavy hitters or may you did not have to compete
7. Share stories in which you failed and what you learned from it. Take your readers on a tour and explain what you learned, how you recognized your mistakes and what you did to correct them.
8. If you landed a brand new business partnership, share news. Share strategies and what you did to help your new partner to see your vision. Share your insights on what formed the foundation for this solid partnership.
Have a great week!
Need help with your publicity then visit book a 15 min interview with me to see how I can help you.
Click here to get all details: